We thought we would only be there for half an hour then we would be allowed to play with our new toy - not so. By the time we had done all the paperwork and Greg Sampson (the salesman) had given us a guided tour of our van and explained how everything works about 2 hours had gone by.
Nice little cruise over to see our daughter Katie at Harleston. I have never had any vehicle that has any sort of 'computer' on board so I was quite interested in reading the various figures that appeared on the little screen on the dashboard. The figure that caught my attention in a big way was the miles per gallon I was getting. At first it was about 12.4 mpg! At first I thought I had bought some kind of gas guzzler but as I cruised along at a steady 50mph in sixth gear I was reassured to see the mpg figure gradually creaping up. By the time we got to Harleston I was getting 23.5 mpg which I was much happier about.
By the time we had had some lunch at Katie's and she had had the obligatory tour of the van it was more or less time to head over to Diss to hand the van over to Katie's better half Jason so that he could fit an alarm, reversing camera and the solar panel I had bought from good old ebay.
Me with the all important paperwork about
to hit the road for the first time.

No comments:
Post a Comment