Please leave a comment

2nd February 2012

Back at Swan's Harbour campsite for another 4 night stay. This time things were different as we had quite a bit of snow on the Saturday evening - exactly as forecast for a change. About 4 inches / 10 cm of snow fell which was enough to make things look pretty but not enough to cause chaos on the roads so about right.

Just for a change we were quite energetic this weekend and managed quite a long walk along the nearby lanes, managed about 4 miles or so I think. Once we had the snow we could not venture quite so far but we still got out there and enjoyed it. We ran out of gas about 8 o'clock on the Friday evening so obviously someone had to go and get some more - guess who's job it was?

Even with snow all around and sub zero temperatures we were very comfortable in our motorhome.

When I took Ruby back to the storage facility I was expecting to have a problem getting to our allotted parking space - uphill? thick snow? - recipe for disaster. In the end though I actually got fairly near where I wanted to go before having to give up so all was well.


Well, at least someone enjoyed the snow!


What! Have to get on to the health and safety people
about all that snow and ice!

Pretty church - St Mary's Marlingford



Not cold enough to freeze the river





Couple of pics of Marlingford Mill


No comments:

Post a Comment