We were mobile by about 08.40 and headed for our next stop at Erquy which is about 40 miles away on the coast. On the way, while driving down a quiet country lane, we noticed several motobikes approaching with hazard lights flashing and it appeared we were being flagged down to stop. I told Lynda to throw the drugs out of the window quick thinking it was the police.(joke). They take cycling very seriously in France and one of the gents on the motorbikes (not police, phew) told us in very good English that a cycle race was approaching and we should stay where we were, pulled in to the side of the road, for 10 minutes or so while they passed.
We are at Les Roches campsite for the night. This is the first time we have used a 'proper' camp site on this trip. I chose it because it is only 12 euros a night, with ACSI discount, and they have free wifi and a laundry etc so its well worth it.
As I type this (13.36) we are parked up on our pitch, waiting for the sun to come out again. Its a very nice site with the pitches surrounded by hedges. Lynda is having a lovely time doing some washing by hand, she has already been to put a load more in the washing machine. They charge 4 euros for the washing machine and 3 euros for a whole hours use of the drier so very good value, tres cher as us French speakers would say!
Done everything we needed to do on the computer, did some banking, emails, blog update, even cheered up a poor old boy we know on his birthday.
| If you look closely you can just see Glenn - right at the back! |
| View from opposite the site entrance |
| Les Roches campsite entrance, Erquy |
Thought I'd see what you were up to and it seems you are up to rather a lot. I'm so glad to see you relaxing and having a nice time. Bless you both and bon voyage from little old East Harling. xxxx
ReplyDeleteHi Jo lovely to see that you have been able to look in on us and to join us on our journey. We are having such fun and France is fantastique as I know you are well aware of. Take care and see you on here again. I am going to take a photo of the cushions you made which are on here so you can see how well they match the interior and just think when I bought them, we hadn't bought the van at the time so had no idea what colour scheme we would have. Will also put your Exotic link for anyone who might like some too. Much love Lynda and Paul xx the happy wanderers
DeleteJust dropped in to see what you two were up to and it seems you are up to rather a lot. It all looks wonderful Have fun and don't worry too much about keeping us all updated, just have fun. Lots of love from little old East Harling. xxx
ReplyDeleteIt might be very loud tonight too - France is playing football against Spain - either to drown their sorrows or because they have reached the semi-finals. Tomorrow evening England against Italy.....
ReplyDeleteLovely talking to both this morning and what a nice surprise too. Bringing the teapot along is a good idea - although we have at least 5 ourselves. It will be lovely drinking tea in the motorhome.
Take care.
Valerie & Peter
Age is only a state of mind....and after all is said and done you are older than me. I will say for the first time in our history you are probably looking younger than me though!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the call yesterday. I had a really nice day.
Keep on blogging
Regards
GK.