Please leave a comment

5th October 2012

30th September - 5th October

Been quite a while since I last updated the blog. Have you missed reading about our trip around Europe? If you have all I can say is you really need to get out more.

We are still on the campsite at Noordwijkerhouts (no, I can't pronounce it either) where we have been for 10 nights with another 5 to go. You may wonder if we are bored being in the same place for so long. The answer is - no.

Every day absolutely flies by. Depending on the weather, we might just sit outside in the sunshine, walk into town and do some shopping or go up to the beach. If its raining, which it has been quite often lately, we are happy just to sit in the van reading or surfing the internet.

I got my haircut as I said I would last time. Chap did a very good job and worked hard for about half an hour shearing off all that hair. I was a bit surprised at the cost though - 19.50 euros, and thats not even with a shampoo, quite expensive. I pay about £6 in the UK so more than double the cost here.

For the past couple of days we have been quite energetic and walked in to town to get bits of shopping, newspaper etc. It takes us just under 25 minutes to walk there but we quite enjoy the exercise.

Not long now and we will be heading for Hook of Holland for our ferry back  to Harwich. I was reading on the Stena Line website that the ferries on that route are the largest of their type in the world and carry up to 1200 passengers plus hundreds of cars and lorries. We heard the shipping forecast on Radio 4 this morning and they were forecasting gales all over the place. Hopefully, the North Sea will be kind to us on 10th October but Lynda bought some travel sickness tablets today just in case.

Next update will be when we are back in the UK I expect, hope to have some photos of the journey. In the meantime, a couple of snaps we have taken over the past few days, most of them are horse oriented as you can see.


Chap stopped specially so I could take a photo









We sat and enjoyed a drink at the bar near the site. There
were 18 horses in just this one group passing by.

Coffee in a cafe in town




Smart hearse

Saw this on the way into town - Crane is it?

Lynda feeds the site rabbits carrot, no wonder they
keep appearing.



5 comments:

  1. You paid 19.5 euro for that !!!!

    Have a smooth crossing.

    GK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks for that GK - or should I call you 'Vidal'?

      Delete
  2. Rabbit stew?

    Oliver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of maybe bringing a couple of rabbits back, surely Sarah knows a nice recipe for rabbit stew?

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure if they do Quorn rabbit!

      Delete