Please leave a comment

28th January 2014

Well, hopefully Ruby has got stuck in the mud at the storage site for the last time. We decided to have a couple of days away and I was not looking forward to having the usual trouble getting Ruby off a muddy field.

The farmer has done his best I suppose and put some hardcore and gravel down on one of the storage pitches. Only trouble is the surface sank with just me standing on it let alone a 4 tonne motorhome. In a moment of financial madness I decided that it was time to bite the bullet and lash out on a seasonal pitch at our favourite campsite. This you will all chorus at once is C&CC Thetford Forest. I could only move Ruby literally 2 feet so I had to ask the farmer to tow me off the storage site with his tractor for the last time.

We may well be back when our 'tennancy' on the seasonal pitch runs out in April, hopefully the ground will have dried out a bit by then.

So, on to the campsite. Hardly anyone here this time just 2 motorhomes and 3 caravans altogether, apart from the caravans on seasonal pitches. I knew this was going to cost quite a bit and was very brave when they nice lady asked me for....£392! This will give us a seasonal pitch right up to 9th April and we plan to make sure we get our moneys worth.

That was not the only wallet pain I had to suffer yesterday as I had an appointment at Specsavers in Thetford. I have not had my eyes tested for about 4 years. Surprise surprise they decided maybe I need some new glasses even though my eyes have not deteriorated much over the years. Even with the free eye test and '25% discount' for the over 60s ( I lied about my age!) I still had to shell out about £216 and that is for just one pair of glasses, if I wanted a pair of tinted specs for driving I would have had to pay an extra £100.

We are on a part of the site we have not been on before, on pitch 35. There are people in the caravan next door and the chap (another Paul) was very polite and introduced himself as he walked past.

 We actually arrived here yesterday and had a very quiet night as always, just the owl hooting in the forest. Today we have actually been very busy. We started the day with plenty of delicious bacon sandwiches to give us energy. Although there is a sign somewhere on the site forbidding washing of vehicles I took no notice of this and gave Ruby a desperately needed wash. While I was doing this Lynda busied herself checking her email and generally relaxing inside.

She did eventually stir herself though and we spent an hour or so giving the inside of the van a good clean, looks neat and tidy now.

Lucy has been out on several walks since we have been here and is pretty exhausted now, flopped out in her bed.


A packed campsite


Picnic benches and kids playground




Yet another walk in the forest




Look at that gleaming motorhome!




2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you on the move even if its only a couple of miles.

    BTW should have gone to Tesco for your glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I have been slaving away at work Lynda has been in our holiday home quite a bit so the seasonal pitch is working out quite well. It takes only 15 minutes to drive to the site from home so it will be easy to get away when we like.

    Maybe I'll try Tesco next time for the old specs. I have the feeling I have been ripped off by Specsavers. If my new glasses have the same strength lenses in as my old ones I will have a few words with them.

    ReplyDelete