So, who wants to know what mileage I have been able to squeeze out of Ruby on this trip? I can tell you that we have done 388 miles since leaving Norfolk and it took 61.92 litres of diesel to refill Ruby's tank. Now most of you will have worked out in a flash what the miles per gallon figure is but for those of you not so quick on the mental arithmetic I can tell you 61.92 litres is equivalent to 13.62 gallons. 388 miles divided by 13.62 gallons is - 28.48 miles per gallons.
I drive Ruby as gently as possible but we have come across a lot of hills, especially here in the West Country so I reckon 28.48 miles per gallon is not too bad. Ruby has a 2.3 litre 130 bhp engine in case you needed to know that.
So, on to the more interesting subject of lunch. As I said we have booked a table at The Rising Sun at Altarnun, not far from Launceston. We travelled mostly on the A30, a nice dual carriageway. The time came of course when we had to negotiate some of the narrow lanes leading to the pub. All this was done without drama and we were soon parked up at The Rising Sun. Actually 'parked up' is the wrong phrase because they have their own campsite only about 60 yards away and this is where we are staying tonight.
We met up with our friends Jack and Theresa who have a house only about 6 miles away so nice and easy to get to. Our table was booked for 12.30 so after meeting up we went to the pub at the allotted time. We all had a lovely lunch, either 2 or 3 courses plus drinks and the bill was quite reasonable considering this is quality food. It cost £16 for us to stay on the campsite for the night, that is including electricity.
Relaxing in the warm sunshine after a large lunch.
I am not actually trying to kick Theresa's chair over!
Photo taken from our pitch, pub is not far away as you can see.
When we arrived there were about 4 other vans and caravans here
but they all left as the day progressed leaving just us.
The Rising Sun Inn at Altarnun.





No comments:
Post a Comment