Please leave a comment

6th July 2018 - Another trip to the seaside

300th Post.

Yes, believe it or not this is the 300th post on our blog. Any idea when the 200th was? It was way back on 5th September 2015 when we were at a little place called Arrigny in France.

Since we came back from our last 7 week trip to Cornwall / Devon / Dorset not a huge amount has been going on, we have spent a lot of time just relaxing and chatting about the days before retirement when we had to actually go to work!

So far there have been over 17,500 'hits' on the blog, although quite a few of those are me! At this rate its going to take a long, long time to get to the magic 20,000 mark.


The poor screenshot above gives some facts and figures about blog visitors. As you can see the blog has supposedly had visitors from all over the world. In reality of course all these 'readers' from far flung places are just automated searches by various dodgy websites, not real people at all.

With retirement and all that free time (or not) we were planning a lot of overseas trips. First one was going to be to Bodensee (Lake Constance) in southern Germany. I had bought the ferry ticket and I had spent a bit of time planning our route. Unfortunately what I will call 'health issues' have scuppered that particular plan and I have had to cancel the Stena Line ferry. Luckily I had a flexi ticket so have been able to cancel without penalty, not seen the money back in our bank account yet though.

You might, or might not, notice something a bit different about the photos below. They were taken with the snazzy new Sony camera our kids bought us as s retirement present. The camera takes photos which are 18.2 megapixels (i.e. quite a lot) and would take an age to upload. I therefore have to use a program called Sharetoresize to shrink them down a bit. This is a free program available for the Windows 10 platform.

As the quality should be better anyway I have made the photos 'large' on the screen you are looking at now, used to be 'medium'.


Lynda bought me a game called 'Qwerkle' for Christmas, this is one of the first times
we have got round to playing it.




We are off to the seaside today, the 6th July. Once again we are staying on a C&CC temporary holiday site, once again this time at Sea Palling.

Lynda was keen to get to the site as early as possible (it opens at 10.00 today), she thinks we need to do this so that we get to choose a really nice spot on the field. We have been to the Sea Palling THS before, almost exactly a year ago.

I arrived just before Lynda who was in the car. it was almost 10.00 when I got here so I didn't feel bad about arriving early. Quite surprisingly there was no one else here. We chatted for a couple of minutes to the stewards then it was off to get set up. Lynda only changed her mind a couple of times over where I was to park Ruby then we got ourselves set up.

I have to drive 50 miles to go to the dentist (chipped tooth) this afternoon so we are saving our walk round the nearby town and beach till later.


Gazebo and windbreak had to be set up. Lynda also added fairly lights and bunting.


We had the whole field to ourselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment