Please leave a comment

1st September 2018 - Last Few Days

31st August.

The Sheringham THS finishes tomorrow at 14.00 so we thought we would do something today. This morning we drove the short distance to Sheringham Park again, this time using supposedly a shorter route to the temple and back. Still walked a fair distance really and thought we deserved a cold drink and a piece of cake each.

As we are NT members we don't have to pay for parking or to visit places so I didn't mind having to shell out a small amount in the cafe.


This will be our last chance to visit Sheringham seafront so later we had a walk down. We noticed one of the pubs had live music outside. The singer was nothing special really but I thought I should buy us both a drink as we were going to listen for a while. I came out from the bar, £6 poorer for a pint of beer and a small diet coke to be told by Lynda that the singer had said this was his last song!

On our way back to the site we stopped off at Tesco for some essential items plus something for dinner.

1st September.

Hardly anyone left on site now and we were amongst the last to leave. We were gone quite early though as we were meeting our youngest son and his family for breakfast in Cromer. Lynda had gone on ahead to see if there was any chance of a free roadside parking space in Cromer. I was a  bit cynical when my phone rang, the signal from Lynda to say there was a space. After a bit of manouvering I managed to get into the reasonable size space.

We went to  Breakers to eat because we know from previous experience that this is one of the few places that is open 'early', it was about 09.30.

Once we had eaten it was time to say goodbye and we wandered back to Ruby. On the way though Lynda said she should have one last ice cream......


So, we have left the Sheringham THS and had breakfast so surely its time to head back to base? Not a bit of it - the Sea Palling THS is open for one more night! Sea Palling is only about 18 miles from Cromer so it didn't take long to get there, all familiar territory anyway.

Apparently the Sea Palling THS has been very busy at times with up to 65 units on site, they only have space for 70. As we were only staying for one night we didn't bother getting all our junk out, just our comfy chairs.

A few photos of Sea Palling THS:




Our camera has 20x optical zoom so I got this shot of the Sea Palling lifeboat crew on an exercise.
They were a long way away when I took this photo.


About the only time I got my feet wet.




No comments:

Post a Comment