Please leave a comment

15th October 2018 - No News is Good News They Say

Look, nearly a whole month has gone by since my last blog post. surely  there must be loads of motorhome related news to share with you? Er, unfortunately not. As we have a seasonal pitch here at Thetford Forest campsite (aka Puddledock Farm) we have spent plenty of time here.

As its that time of year again I had to spend quite a large amount of cash having a major service, habitation check and MOT carried out at Simpsons in Great Yarmouth. The pleasant lady on service reception at Simpsons surprised me with the news that Ruby has never had a full service!

Every year when I book Ruby in I just specify a 'service', expecting them to follow whatever Fiat specify. Apparently all that has been done is mostly a change of oil etc. This time a 'full' service was carried out and I was expecting a large bill. In the event I had to pay just over £688, a lot of money but okay for what was done.

As an extra bonus Simpsons also dealt with a couple of small areas of damp free of charge, a goodwill gesture which was greatly appreciated.

Autumn has more or less arrived now, not surprisingly as we are in the middle of October. Lynda and I had a very pleasant walk in the forest, enjoying the wonderful colours of the trees.

If you have read this blog before you will know that I often pad out posts by adding some photos. Our camera has decided to develop a fault. While I wait for Sony to get back to me with a possible solution I have had to rely on Lynda's photos taken with her iphone.

Some lovely colours in the forest, these photos probably don't really do the trees justice.


Still a lot of green in the forest.








Leaves falling all over the place.











2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul,
    So you've finally retired and now you are free to really get out and about on the roads. There are a lot of miles to cover. Lina finally "retired"and we left the UK on 15th Sept and are currently in Sardinia having just spent a month on Corsica. Ironically my Sony camera has developed a fault whilst we have been away, I guess I shall have to wait until my return to the UK next year before I can get it fixed. You should have our details if not check us out at wordpress, look for Maurice on Manoeuvres. Enjoy your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carl

    Well, as I do sometimes I was just looking through the comments section on Blogger when I spotted that you had been in touch. Somehow I missed that you had commented. Anyway, nice to hear from you - I will be catching up with your blog, he in touch.

    ReplyDelete