Please leave a comment

26th November 2018 - Center Parcs

23rd November.

I wish we had been off on a trip in our motorhome but, alas, this is not possible at the moment so instead I will tell you about the pleasant weekend we have just had at Center Parcs, Elveden

We arrived at the park at about 13.00 and were pleasantly surprised to find no queue to check in - often there are dozens of cars lined up by the arrivals lodge

Our chosen weekend lodge is not available till 15.00 so we went to our usual Starbucks by the lake and had a spot of lunch, coffee each and a toasted cheese sandwich and a sausage sandwich to share.

By the time this was finished it was more or less time to return to the car park to collect our weekend luggage from the car then head to our lodge. It wasn't too far to walk, just as well because we had a lot of bags between us and were well loaded down.


Hardly any queue when we arrived.


Our Center Parcs home for the weekend.

24th November.

Lynda and I do very little on these Center Parcs jaunts, we have been here quite a few times and so have already had a good look round. As its only us two we don't have to worry about making full use of the facilities so we just went for a walk round and spent the rest of the day lounging about in our comfortable lodge.

On our walk we called in to the Country Club for refreshments. I ordered  Lynda one of their hot chocolate concoctions and said to the girl serving 'and I'll have a cappuccino' to which she replied 'tea, okay'. Twice more I corrected her and said I wanted a cappuccino. Guess what I got - good job I like tea!

We were booked in to one of the restaurants for dinner and arrived on schedule at Cafe Rouge. Food was nice but service was very slow with our waitress spending ages chatting to one family and not taking our order, quite disappointed.



Our lodge was very near the lake. Fence is to stop us getting too close to the fireworks.


Christmas decorations we brought with us.


A real deer on the patio, looking for food no doubt.




Lynda downloaded the app so that a deer is superimposed on photos.




Looking down on part of the swimming pool.

25th November.

Once again Lynda and I did very little today. We went for a walk though to have a look at the tree houses they have here. There are four of these, all well out of the way, and they cost a fortune to stay in - about £7000 for a Christmas break!

Center Parcs is not known for being a cheap option when it comes to a weekend break. The park is kept very neat and tidy and is well maintained which must cost a fortune. At this time of year its what they call Winter Wonderland, they have loads of lights and artificial snow all over the place, does look very pretty I have to say.

Tonight there is a firework display for the guests and our lodge was in a perfect position to enjoy the impressive display. Normally we are with the crowds on one side of the lake but this time we could just look out of the window of one of our lodge bedrooms to get a superb view.

We had a table booked for dinner again, this time at Bella Pasta. Once again the food was nice but the service was very iffy in places. In particular one of the young waitresses brought out the wrong order for us a couple of times. This was not a big problem but rather than apologise for the mixup she just turned round and took the order away again, obviously quite annoyed that someone had messed up.


Just a couple of photos of the tree houses, very impressive. There were people about so I couldn't
get very close for pics.



View of the village centre from our side of the lake.


Firework display was spectacular and loud. I didn't dare stand on the patio to take photos
as I would have been too close.



You can just see our patio furniture, the fireworks were launched just the other side of the trees,
just a few feet away.


Lights in the park looked very pretty in the dark.





Our turn to pose on the motor scooter by Bella Pasta.

26th November.

We have been looking forward to this short break for quite a while and its over already. We went to the Country Club again on our way to the car park. We didn't order anything complicated, just a couple of bacon sandwiches for brunch but I still had to chivvy them along when our food didn't arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment