Please leave a comment

17th February - Ongoing Saga.

15th February.

I know its not interesting to read about my injury woes but if I don't record details here in a couple of weeks I will have forgotten what happened so I will have to ask you to bear with me.

Relaxing in the van today and just chilling out. My main problem has been aches and pains following my fall, in particular a painful right thigh and especially my right hand ribs.


Sitting in the van and smiling bravely.

17th February.

After a couple days taking it easy it was time to go to the clinic in Denia to have the dressing changed and wound cleaned, it was bound to hurt.

Lynda arranged for the Belgian chap opposite to give us a lift up to the bus stop, decent of him to help. Once we had arrived in Denia we made our way to the clinic and told them what we wanted. The receptionist lady said the earliest appointment she could give us was 13.00 today.

It was already 10.45 so not that long to wait really but we didn't want to hang around the clinic so we set off in search of a nice coffee and cake.


A coffee and pain au raisen each, very nice.

My newest pair of glasses, which cost an absolute fortune back in the UK had fallen apart and needed a new nut and bolt. I explained to Lynda that a local optician might charge for a repair as we hadn't bought the specs from them.

Thanks to Lynda's phone we soon found an optician. The charming lady there could speak some English and had to be persuaded to take the modest 5 euro tip.


Very kind of the young lady to fix my glaases.

I have tripped on my boot laces a couple of times lately, they were the cause of my spectacular fall on Friday. Lynda said she was going to buy me some 'old man shoes' with velcro fastening. Normally I would have been able to resist the expense of such an offer but in my current weakened state I just did as I was told.

Still too early to go back to the clinic so we sat down by the marina for a few minutes.


Me sitting on a bench down by the marina showing off my 'old man' shoes.

After a while we made our way back to the clinic. We walked up the stairs to the correct room and were seen in about 30 minutes. The doctor we saw looked about 15 but she knew what she was doing.

I was bracing myself for the pain of having my current dressing removed and the large flow of claret from my disturbed wound. In the event, not only did the dressing come off painlessly but the wound was quickly cleaned and a fresh dressing applied.

Although it was only 13.20 we knew we were too late to catch the 13.15 bus back so we walked into town and got a cab.


My bonce after a clean.  I think it looks a mess but Lynda says it is healing nicely.

2 comments:

  1. Looks really painfull. Hope the aches and pains subside soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tbe only problem at the moment is my ribs which are quite painful. Lynda keeps making me laugh which doesn't help! Getting better every day though.

    ReplyDelete