Okay, I suppose its a bit late to wish you, the 4 or 5 people who actually read this blog, a 'merry Christmas' but I will anyway so, er, merry Christmas.
I have been to work for a few hours today, that will help towards the no doubt huge expenses of the next few days. I can't really make yet another visit to the C&CC site at Thetford Forest sound very exciting - you have seen too many photos etc already. We are going to the site for 3 nights starting from tomorrow so we will be there to celebrate New Year. I don't know if it just me getting old (no! I hear you cry) but its getting more and more difficult to stay awake long enough to see the new year in. We will have to see what happens this time.
First task tomorrow, assuming I manage to get Ruby off the storage site, is to give the old girl a really good clean up. If its not pouring with rain I am going to give the exterior a good scrub - desperately needed. I have all the right stuff to do the job - caravan / motorhome cleaner and a bottle of what they call 'Bobby Dazzler' which is supposed to give your van a really shiny finish and help keep it clean.
For the interior I went mad and bought a 12 volt vaccuum cleaner to pick up crumbs, dog hairs etc. It cost £5.99 in Argos and does actually seem to work, what a bargain.
On the subject of storage I very nearly moved Ruby to another storage facility not far from home. I almost signed on the dotted line but their internet connection was out so they could not take payment. Thinking about it overnight I decided to keep Ruby where she is. The current site costs £180 a year which is very cheap for this sort of thing. The prospective new site is....£390 a year plus a pricey £50 returnable deposit for the fob that gets you access to the site via the electric gates. This new site is also entirely hardstanding and has water and electricity available so it would have been easy to wash the van etc. Another thing that put me off slightly is that the new site is in quite a remote place and there is 3 miles or so of very narrow lanes before you get to a decent road. This would cause problems if we had some snow and wanted to take off in the van.
Anyway, watch this space for exciting details of our next trip. Don't blame me if you can't sleep tonight.......
No comments:
Post a Comment