Please leave a comment

31st December 2013

30th December

Lynda left home at about 08.30 as she had (yet another) appointment at the haidressers. That left yours truly with the task of loading up the car with stuff we needed for the next 3 days in the motorhome. Lucy soon catches on that there is a trip afoot and is desperate to get out to stake her place in the car. Today she was whimpering and whining for ages and was not even interested in the slices of left over ham I offered her!

I needed to pay another £45 for the next 3 months storage and luckily the owner was just passing by as I pulled up at the site. I told him to keep his tractor keys handy as I was going to attempt to take the van out. In the event I managed to get off the site with no trouble at all for a change.

As mentioned previously, Ruby was absolutely filthy so I drove the 20 miles or so to where I could get free use of pressure wash etc. I did a reasonable job and she was certainly looking a lot more tidy. By the time I had driven the 25 miles to Thetford Forest C&CC site you would think the van had never been washed - filthy again!

Quite a lot of motorhomes and caravans on site once again although maybe not as many as last year. By the time Lynda had got back from the hairdressers I had done all the work of course and everything was put away and tidy.

31st December

I didn't sleep all that well last night as I had a headache (altogether - aaaahhh) but still managed to be up first to get Lynda her cup of tea in bed and shortly afterwards provide bacon sandwiches for breakfast. As I type this its about 12.40 and we are doing what we do best - chilling out in the van. Lucy loves walking in the forest and I have taken her out to explore a couple of times today. We like to 'people watch' when on site and Lynda cleared the windscreen of condensation specially so she could see what our fellow campers are up to.

This morning I tidied up the garage. Last time I got stuck in the mud at the storage site I was even reduced to using the rubber mats from inside the van in a desperate (futile) attempt to free Ruby from the mire. The mats got in a bit of a mess of course and I left them in Ruby's garage thinking the mud would dry out and be easy to clean off. I was wrong. Rather than dry out the mud on the mats had gone very mouldy and the small amount of water content had caused a damp problem with various other items. I had a lovely time wiping mould (ugh) from our deckchairs etc. The old piece of carpet I had on the garage floor was in a terrible state and joined several other items in the site refuse skip. All looking (and smelling) a lot nicer in there now I'm pleased to say.

Even though we have several bottles at home, Lynda still thought it was a good idea to buy a bottle of champagne at the shops yesterday so that we can have a proper toast to welcome in 2014. Whether or not we manage to stay awake until the witching hour you will have to wait till tomorrow to find out.

We have been to this site so many times that I must have photographed it from almost every angle. Here is yet another selection of photos of the site and surrounding forest.


As you can see its very grey and gloomy today, but what can
you expect for the very end of December. 




Drive leading to site, means we are a decent distance from the road.
 


The long line of caravans on the left are all on seasonal pitches.


Pitch number 80 this time.


As I said previously we do like to people watch when on site. You do get some quite strange people sometimes.


These people have an enormous 8.5 metre long tag axle
Burstner Argos motorhome with all the creature comforts.
Yet last night they decided to sit outside in their deckchairs. 


Bear in mind that we are in Winter and its very windy with rain
in the air and its none too warm. This chap kept walking about the site - to the
showers and the water point in his pyjamas and flip-flops!

No comments:

Post a Comment